Grief Counselling Sydney CBD & St Leonards – Everyone will experience loss sometime in their life. These losses may include death of a loved one, end of a relationship, material losses such as a job or possessions, permanent injury or disfigurement or loss of self-esteem. These losses are difficult if we are not prepared for them.
Grief is a reaction to the loss. Usual reactions to significant loss include:
- Depression – sadness, loss of pleasure response, low mood, intense distress
- Irritability – expression of anger and hostility, suspiciousness, distrust
- Social withdrawal
- Searching – pacing, looking for the deceased
- Decreased in ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Helplessness/ Hopelessness – coping response which is characterised by pessimism about the future
- Preoccupation – repetitive thoughts,
- Feeling of distance/detachment- experienced a sense of unreality
- Lowered self-esteem
- Thoughts of self harm
- Changes in appetite
- Sleep disturbances
- Somatic complaints- aches and pains
You may feel that something has been taken away from you or feel that things are unfair. Grief is painful and it is a distinct emotional process to be worked through. It is not helpful to deny or minimise how you feel about your loss.
At Amicus Counselling & Clinical Psychological Service Sydney, we will help you cope with your grief. We will help you work through your grief, work with you to identify its meaning and impact on your life, and assist you to move towards acceptance and resolution. Please call us on 1800 AMICUS (1800 264 287) for an appointment for grief counselling during office hours, if you are struglling to cope with loss and grief. We are here to listen to your loss and the pain you are experiencing.
We are located at
Suite 701, Level 7, 105 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD
Suite 3, Level 4, 66 Pacific Highway, St Leonards