Counselling Services Sydney CBD & St Leonards – At Amicus Counselling and Clinical Psychological Services we are experienced clinical psychologists. We provide brief intervention through to long-term therapy to adolescents and adults. We provide assessment and a variety of evidence-based therapies for a range of problems, concerns or issues including but not limited to:
- Addictions including alcohol, drugs and gambling problems
- Anxiety including panic attacks, agoraphobia, acute stress disorder, specific phobias, social and performance anxiety, excessive worry / generalised anxiety disorder, and health anxiety.
- Obsessive compulsive behaviours
- Adjusting to change
- Coping with stressful life events including workplace and relationship difficulties
- Coping with loneliness
- Chronic pain, adjusting to physical illness / injury
- Depression / bipolar
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- Low self esteem and confidence
- Social skills support and assertiveness
- Separation and divorce
- Sleep difficulties
- Acute Stress Disorder
Please Note – to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the community, we are offering Telehealth services only.
The initial appointment will include a comprehensive assessment. We will work with you to discuss your goals, expectations and best way to manage and improve your situations.
In subsequent sessions, therapy progress will be reviewed, with reference to your goals and you will be encouraged to provide feedback to ensure that your needs are met. We will assist you to work through your personal or relationship issues in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment. We will provide you the tools or strategies you need to overcome your difficulties.
Counselling Sessions will begin on a once perweek basis and the frequency of sessions decreases over the course of treatment. Our treatment plans are flexible to fit in with your schedule and financial situation.
We also offer Psychological Assessment and Reports for courts relating to substance abuse.
We do not provide emergency or crisis management. If you are in crisis please call Lifeline on 131 114 or your local Hospital.
Appointments are offered from
9 am to 2 pm weekdays
9 am to 2 pm Saturdays
Phone 1 800 AMICUS (1 800 264287) for an appointment.